Steak with Tomato Salad
Having fun in the kitchen again and this time with steak and tomatoes. Something new and super easy to make. The sauce of the tomatoes with the juicy steak was a good combination and yet very light.
Taste the seasoning of the tomatoes. It has to have a bit of a tangy taste to it
This recipe contains tomatoes, lemons, parsley, basil (fresh), onions (green/spring), olive oil, salt, black pepper, steak (strip, new york)
4 - 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 4 whole tomatoes cut in small pieces do not discard the seeds
- 1/2 whole lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 whole green onions, white part finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 4 whole strip steaks
- 1. In a small bowl place the tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley, basil, green onions, olive oil salt and pepper. Mix well and let it rest.
- 2. Slightly cover the bottom of a large skillet with salt, and place over high heat. When hot add the steaks and sear them to your desire doneness. 5 minutes per each side for medium rare.
- 3. Place the steak on a plate and serve with the tomatoes salad on the side and pour the juice over the steak