Steaks with pesto, tomatoes and feta cheese
Mediterranean cooking at it's best.
This recipe contains tomatoes (cherry), cheese (feta), capers, fresh garlic, black pepper (cracked), olive oil, basil (fresh), pork steaks, red pesto, flour (corn), basil (dried), sea salt, black pepper, olive oil
4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 180 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs capers
- 6 whole garlic cloves, skin on
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 -3 tbs olive oil for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 pork steaks, trimmed
- 2 tbs pesto rosso (red pesto)
- 4 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs dried basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper, scatter over capers, garlic cloves and crumbled feta.
- 2. Sprinkle with olive oil and cracked pepper. Cook in oven at 200°C for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Remove and set aside. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
- 3. Meanwhile, flaten the steaks with a meat mallet.
- 4. Smear one side of each steak with ½ tablespoon of red pesto, make a roll (pesto side inside) and secure it with a wooden or metal toothpick.
- 5. Mix cornflour, dry basil, salt and pepper in a plate. Dredge the rolls through the flour mixture, shake off excess flour.
- 6. In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat, then brown the rolls for 5 -6, constantly turning them until golden all around.
- 7. Before serving, take out toothpick and serve with tomatoes, capers, garlic and feta bake.