Steamed Clams in Lemon-Garlic Broth
Bigelow® I Love LemonTM Herbal Tea is a wonderful, healthy steaming liquid for Littleneck clams. When embellished with garlic and fresh parsley, it also becomes a flavorful broth you'll want to soak up with some good crusty bread!
This recipe contains littleneck clams, water, lemon herb tea, parsley, garlic
Serves 4 as an appetizer servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 dozen fresh Littleneck clams
- 2 cups water
- 8 Bigelow I Love Lemon Herb Tea Bags
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (stems reserved)
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 1. Place the clams in a large bowl of cold, salted water for 30 minutes to remove any sand. Drain and rinse, gently brushing clam shells to remove any grit.
- 2. In a large, covered pot, heat water to almost a boil. Add tea bags and allow to steep for 3-5 minutes. Thoroughly squeeze tea bags into pot and discard bags.
- 3. Add the parsley stems into pot with tea. Add garlic to pot and bring to a boil.
- 4. Add clams, in their shells, cover and continue to boil, allowing the clams to steam open. Once they are opened (approximately 3 minutes), use a large, slotted spoon to remove them and place in a bowl. Discard any clams which do not open.
- 5. Using a mesh colander, strain the steaming liquid into the bowl with the clams.
- 6. Chop parsley leaves, and toss over the clams. Serve immediately with crusty bread for dipping.