Strawberries and Cream Muffins
This is a muffin with a creamy surprise in the center. Just in time for strawberry season.
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), sugar, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla extract, eggs, canola oil, strawberries, , cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or substitute 1 cup wheat flour for one cup white like I did)
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 T baking powder plus 1/8 t.
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 T granulated sugar
- 1/8 t ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Line muffin tin with paper liners and spray with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- 4. Combine the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients.
- 5. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- 6. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese,sugar and cinnamon.
- 7. Fill the muffin tins halfway with the muffin mixture. Add about 1 T of the cream cheese mix to each muffin in the center. Top with the rest of the muffin mixture.
- 8. Bake for 20 - 25 min or until muffins spring back to the touch.
- 9. Remove to a wire rack to cool.