Strawberry and Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Smooth and creamy homemade frozen delight
This recipe contains strawberries, cream cheese, milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, food color (red)
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 4 hr
- 2 cup(s) strawberries, trimmed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 - 2 ds. red food coloring (optional)
- 1. Place strawberries in a medium bowl and mash with potato masher until crushed. Set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth.
- 3. Add ½ cup of the milk, and beat just until combined.
- 4. Add mashed strawberries, remaining milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and, if desired, red food coloring. Beat until combined.
- 5. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 6. Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for 4 and a half hours before serving.
- 7. Serving: take it out for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature.