Strawberry and cream cheese ice cream
Smooth and creamy homemade frozen delight
This recipe contains strawberries, cream cheese, milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, red food coloring
8 servings servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 4 hr
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed
- 115g (4oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Red food coloring (optional)
- 1. Place strawberries in a medium bowl and mash with potato masher until crushed. Set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth.
- 3. Add ½ cup of the milk, and beat just until combined.
- 4. Add mashed strawberries, remaining milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and, if desired, red food coloring. Beat until combined.
- 5. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 6. Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for 4 and a half hours before serving.
- 7. Serving: take it out for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature.