Strawberry Margarita Pie
Looking for a creamy treat? This pie is like a tangy, sweet ice cream in a buttery pretzel crust. View the full recipe here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/10/11/strawberry-margarita-pie/
This recipe contains pretzels, margarine, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, strawberries, lime juice, whipped cream
8 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 hr
- 1 1/4 cup crushed pretzels
- 10 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup crushed or pureed strawberries
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container of whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the pretzels, margarine, and sugar. Spread this mixture in a 9-inch pie plate. Press the mixture onto the bottom and sides of the plate. Refrigerate.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix the condensed milk, strawberries, and lime juice until well blended. Gently stir in the whipped topping.
- 3. Pour the strawberry mixture into the refrigerated crust. Garnish the pie with additional whipped topping, strawberries, or pretzels if desired.
- 4. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours. Let the pie stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, or until it can be easily sliced.
- 5. For easy serving: dip the pie plate into warm water, just to below the rim, for 30 seconds. Store leftover pie in the freezer.