Strawberry Pie...with Flavoured Whipped Cream
Strawberry pie is the true taste of summer. Lush sweet berries covered in flavoured whipped cream. Who doesn't enjoy the flavours of summer strawberries?
This recipe contains , kraft (cool whip), , , strawberries, cornstarch, sugar, limes
1 Pie servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- Pie crust of your choice. I used All Butter Crust
- Whipping Cream to top the pie.
- Your choice of flavour (if using) for the whip cream.
- For the Filling
- 1 1/2 lbs. of berries (I used frozen and slightly thawed)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar (less if you prefer)
- Lime juice (just a squirt) and some grated zest
- 1. Bake your crust and let cool.
- 2. For the Filling: Cut the berries in 1/2. Take 2 cups of the cut berries and place in a pot. Add the sugar and cook until soft. Mash slightly. Add the sugar and cook until soft. Mash slightly. Mix cornstarch with a bit of water to make a paste. Bring filling to a boil and thicken with the cornstarch mixture. Cook until you reach your desired consistency. Add lime juice and zest. Pour into cooled pie shell.
- 3. Cool slightly before topping with your whipped cream. ENJOY!!