Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
Out of all the pancakes I have ever made, I have to say these are my favorite! The pancakes have a wonderful almond flavor and big chunks of juicy strawberries, they are light and fluffy and taste oh so good! Trust me on this one, if you like Strawberry Shortcake you will love these pancakes!
This recipe contains greek yogurt (non-fat), egg whites, flour (whole wheat), baking soda, almond extract, sugar, salt, strawberries, freeze dried, strawberries (frozen), sugar, whipped cream, fat free, cooking spray
2 Servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 3/4 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- 1/3 Cup Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 cup Strawberries frozen or fresh (I used frozen)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Fat Free Whip Cream (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- 1. Mix Greek Yogurt, Egg Whites & Almond Extract into a small bowl.
- 2. In a separate bowl combine Flour, Baking Soda, Sugar, & Salt. Combine and whisk till evenly mixed. Fold in Dried Strawberries.
- 3. In a sauce pan or small pot add frozen or fresh strawberries and 1tsp. sugar and cook until thawed and juicy about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Spray Skillet with cooking spray and place 1/4-cup batter onto skillet and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake and then flip. NOTE: Cook on medium heat and I flattened out my batter with the spatula to cook more evenly. About 1-2 minutes on each side
- 5. Top with strawberry Sauce and Maple Syrup, and add a dollop of fat free whip cream.
- 6. Makes 2 servings, 8 pancakes total, 4 pancakes each.