Strawberry Toasted Pecan and Goat Cheese Salad
Easy Fresh and Simple and OH SO YUMMY! Need a salad that is filling and delicious? Here is is!
This recipe contains lettuce (butter), arugula, strawberries (fresh), goat cheese, butter, pecans, salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 2 cup(s) butter lettuce, shredded (or mild lettuce of your choice)
- 1/2 cup(s) arugula lettuce
- 1 cup(s) fresh ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) goat cheese, fresh
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans, toasted
- Salt and Pepper
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 1. Shred the 2 Cups of butter lettuce into a large bowl. Add the ½ Cup Arugula lettuce and toss well.
- 2. Cut Strawberries into small slices and add to the top of the lettuce. Cut or pinch the goat cheese into pea sized pieces and add to the salad.
- 3. Over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet, heat 1 tsp butter. When melted and starting to steam, add the pecans. Toast for 3-4 minutes, until starting to brown. Remove from skillet and allow to cool slightly before adding to the salad. Add to the salad, add salt and pepper to taste. Dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately. Serves 4.