Strawberry-Mango Quinoa Salad
A light and refreshing quinoa salad with strawberries, mango, cucumber and fresh mint.
This recipe contains quinoa, water, salt, strawberries, mango, cucumbers (english), fresh mint, lime juice, limes, honey, sour cream, olive oil, salt, pepper
makes 4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 c. quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 c. strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 of a mango, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 c. 1/2-inch diced unpeeled English cucumber
- 1 1/2 T. chopped fresh mint
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1/2 t. lime zest
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. sour cream (or plain yogurt can be subbed)
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare the quinoa: In a medium saucepan combine the quinoa, water and 1/4 t. salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the liquid is just absorbed, about 15 minutes. Spread the cooked quinoa out on a baking sheet to cool for about 20 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl whisk together lime juice, zest, honey, sour cream and olive oil. Add the cooled quinoa, strawberries, mango, cucumber and mint. Toss well to combine and season with salt & pepper. (Pepper is optional.) Serve immediately.