Stuffed Eggplant: Bake until golden & bubbly...
Need I say more?! Oh these are goooood! Just like a little mini quiche tucked into nice little eggplant shells just beggin' to be eaten! This is a great go-to recipe for a dinner party or when you want to make a few dishes a bit earlier since it's served at room temp. A hearty fill for the vegetarians out there.
Thanksgiving staple at our house!
This recipe contains eggplant, olive oil, onions, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, eggs, cheese (parmesan), salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 eggplants
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 red or green bell peppers, halved, seeded & chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Halve the eggplants lengthwise & scoop out the flesh without piercing the ‘shells’. Chop the flesh & save the shells.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until soft.
- 4. Add the chopped eggplant flesh, celery, bell peppers and tomatoes, season with salt & pepper and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 5. Brush an ovenproof dish with olive oil.
- 6. Remove the pan from the heat & stir in the eggs.
- 7. Fill the eggplant shells with the mixture and place in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until golden & bubbling! Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve cold/at room temperature.