Stuffed Eggplant: Bake until golden & bubbly...
Need I say more?! Oh these are goooood! Just like a little mini quiche tucked into nice little eggplant shells just beggin' to be eaten! This is a great go-to recipe for a dinner party or when you want to make a few dishes a bit earlier since it's served at room temp. A hearty fill for the vegetarians out there.
Thanksgiving staple at our house!
This recipe contains eggplant, olive oil, onions, celery, bell peppers, tomatoes, eggs, cheese (parmesan), salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 eggplants
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 red or green bell peppers, halved, seeded & chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Halve the eggplants lengthwise & scoop out the flesh without piercing the ‘shells’. Chop the flesh & save the shells.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until soft.
- 4. Add the chopped eggplant flesh, celery, bell peppers and tomatoes, season with salt & pepper and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 5. Brush an ovenproof dish with olive oil.
- 6. Remove the pan from the heat & stir in the eggs.
- 7. Fill the eggplant shells with the mixture and place in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until golden & bubbling! Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve cold/at room temperature.