Stuffed mushrooms and Chow Mein noodles
Tasty and unusual gourmet food fusion.
This recipe contains spinach (fresh), mushrooms, butter, onions, cheese (ricotta), blue cheese, black pepper, chives (dried), bread crumbs, cheese (parmesan), olive oil, , chow mein noodles, fresh garlic, sour cream, salt, parsley (fresh)
2 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 250g fresh spinach, cleaned
- 4 large mushrooms (about 400g), stems separated from caps
- 1/2 tbs butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 50 g blue cheese of your choice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbs breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Chow Mein Noodles:
- 400g Chow Mein Noodles or rice pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Parsley for sprinkling, chopped
- 1. Blanch the spinach in a very little water in the microwave oven for 3 minutes on MAX. Drain and coarsely chop. Chop mushroom stems in a blender.
- 2. Melt the butter over low heat, add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add chopped mushroom stems, and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3. Add chopped spinach; stir well and sauté 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 4. Mix and combine with a fork in a separate bowl ricotta, blue cheese, chives and pepper into a fine mixture, almost a paste. Add chopped stalks and spinach mixture, stir and combine thoroughly.
- 5. Using a small teaspoon, place mounds of filling on the top of each mushroom cap, pressing slightly to get it down into the cavity.
- 6. Mix breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese, sprinkle evenly over each mushroom. Drizzle each filled cap with olive oil.
- 7. Place the mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon sheet, and bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until the cheese browns a little. Allow to cool for 5 minutes or so before serving.
- 8. Meanwhile cook the Chow Mein or rice noodles as directed on the package; drain.
- 9. Mix and combine garlic, sour cream and salt and stir into the cooked pasta. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and served with stuffed mushrooms.