Thai Red Curry
Thai Red Curry is a simple and tasty dish. It’s versatile and can accommodate vegetarian and gluten free dietary restrictions.
This recipe contains milk (coconut), red curry paste, fish sauce, sugar (brown), basil (fresh), bamboo shoots, pineapple (canned, chunk), onions, bell peppers, peas (snow), chicken
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 13 1/2 oz. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1/4 tsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/8 cup(s) Thai basil (fresh, chopped)
- 8 bamboo shoots (sliced and drained)
- 14 oz. pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1/4 cup(s) onions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup(s) bell pepper (julienne)
- 1 cup(s) snow peas (fresh, whole)
- 1 lb. chicken (boneless, skinless) - optional
- 1. Pour coconut milk into saucepan. Over high heat, whisk in curry paste. If you prefer spicy cuisine, then add more red curry paste than suggested.
- 2. Add fish sauce and brown sugar. Add basil, bamboo shoots, pineapple, onion, bell pepper, and snow peas. Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- 3. Reduce heat and cook 3 minutes until thickened.
- 4. Optional: If adding meat, boneless/skinless chicken, beef, or shrimp is recommended. Cut one pound of meat into bite sized pieces. Add raw meat to finished curry sauce and allow to cook over medium heat an additional 10 minutes or until done.