The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I have been making a lot of cookies lately, not necessarily for myself but instead for open houses we are holding. The way I figure, having cookies available can only be a good thing. My favorite cookie ever is a good Oatmeal Raisin Cookie!!! I love these because they have a great texture to them, they stay nice and tall and those delicious sweet plump raisins in there... thats my kind of cookie perfection! My boys go crazy for these as well!I make a big batch and freeze them in small batches. Simply take them out and let them come to room temp and they are ready to go, or you can pop in the oven for a few minutes to warm up.
This recipe contains unsalted butter, sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, all-purpose flour, flour (whole wheat), oats, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, raisins
4 dozen small cookies servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add in the sugar and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
- 3. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue to mix for a couple minutes until the mixture is light, fluffy and smooth.
- 4. In a small bowl stir together the flours, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- 5. Again using the hand mixer, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, do not over mix. Using a spoon stir in the raisins.
- 6. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for approx 12-13 minutes until the cookies are just lightly golden. They will be wonderfully soft and chewy on the inside and a slightly crisp exterior!!!