The Chocolate Chip Cookie
The perfect marry between soft, chewy, crispy cookies. A cookie that ticks all the right boxes of cravings.
This recipe contains butter (unsalted), sugar, sugar (brown), eggs, vanilla extract, flour (all-purpose), baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, salt
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 7/8 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cup(s) chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1. Position the rack n the middle of the oven; Preheat oven to 375 F/ 180 C . Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a medium-sized bowl until uniform; set aside.
- 2. Whip the butter in a large bowl , using electric mixer at medium speed, about 2-3 minutes until the butter is light and pale. Add in both the sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time (make sure eggs are at room temperature or the mixture will split), thoroughly beating in after each addition, scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add in vanilla mix for 30 seconds.
- 3. Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, fold in the prepared flour mixture, just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chip just until evenly mixed.
- 4. Using an ice cream scoop or a 1/4 cup measure the cookie dough onto a lightly greased baking sheets. Place the cookie about 1 inch apart.
- 5. Bake for 6-8 minutes them rotate the sheet so the color is even on each side. Bake again for 6-8 minutes ; the total baking time should not be more than 15 minutes.
- 6. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool.