The Green Devil
Deviled eggs made with creamy avocado and a bit of mayo, topped with smoked paprika and encased in a green veined shell. The Green Devil will the the hit of the party
This recipe contains eggs, avocados, salt, mayonnaise, paprika (smoked), food color (green)
Prep time: 1 hr +
Cook time: 20 min
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. mayo
- Smoked paprika (for topping)
- Green food colouring
- 1. For the dye liquid: Prepare a bowl with water and food coloring...enough to submerge all the eggs into.
- 2. Hard boil eggs. Cool under cold water. Make small cracks in the shell all around the boiled eggs. Submerge cooked and cracked eggs in a bowl of colored water. Leave in the fridge overnight
- 3. Leave in the fridge overnight. Carefully peel the shell from the eggs. Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolk into a bowl. Mash yolks.
- 4. To the mashed yolks add avocado and mash until smooth. Add salt and mayo. Suff shells with filling and top with smoked paprika. ENJOY!!