The Ruby Red Hot Tuna Melt
Canned tuna flavored with CHA! by Texas Pete® (Sriracha Sauce) and mayonnaise sandwiched together between two slices of bread with cheddar cheese and sliced tomato, then toasted in a cast iron skillet until golden brown and crispy.
This recipe contains tuna (in water), sriracha sauce, mayonnaise, celery, onions (red), pickles (dill), salt, tomatoes, cheese (cheddar, sliced), butter, pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 2 can(s) oz. tuna, canned
- 2 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup(s) celery, small diced
- 1/8 cup(s) red onion, small diced
- 1/8 cup(s) pickles, small diced
- 1 - 2 ds. salt
- 6 slice(s) of tomato
- 6 oz. (sliced) cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 - 2 ds. pepper
- 1. Open the cans of tuna and drain the liquid well.
- 2. Place the tuna in a mixing bowl and add the CHA! by Texas Pete® (sriracha), mayonnaise, celery, red onion and pickles. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Slice the tomatoes and set aside.
- 4. Split the English muffins down the middle. Place 1 slice of cheddar cheese onto each English muffin half.
- 5. Scoop approximately 3-4 ounces of the tuna mixture onto the muffin bottoms followed by 1 slice of tomato and put the tops on.
- 6. Place the ¼ cup of butter into a cast iron skillet and turn the heat to high.
- 7. When the butter is melted, carefully place the tuna sandwiches into the pan and fry them on both sides until golden brown, crispy and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.