The Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Smores Microwave Mug Cake
This recipe is decadent and rich, with dark chocolate cocoa, chocolate chips, marshmallows, graham crackers, and melted marshmallow fluff on top!
It's simply an individual dessert baked in a coffee mug in your microwave in about 5 minutes! You can simply double or triple to recipe to make a few and it is absolutely perfect for kids and adults with a sweet tooth like me!
Is your mouth watering yet?!
This recipe contains graham cracker crumbs, butter (unsalted), sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), marshmallows (mini)
1 serving servings
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Dark Chocolate)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips (I used mini)
- marshmallow fluff or mini marshmallows
- 1. Combine 3 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips in a small bowl, then melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, combine remaining 1/2 tablespoon melted butter with 2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moistened.
- 3. Press graham crumbs into the bottom of your mug.
- 4. In a bowl. whisk egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa, stir until a thick batter forms.
- 5. Stream in melted butter and chocolate, mixing to combine. Fold in remaining 1 tablespoon chocolate chips.
- 6. Add half of the mixture on top of the graham crust in the mug. Then add a few mini marshmallows (I did about 10) or you can add a scoop of marshmallow fluff instead.
- 7. Add remaining batter on top, then pop in the microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds (I have a 1000 watt microwave).
- 8. Remove and top with a hearty scoop of marshmallow fluff. Put back in the microwave for 5 seconds to melt it and make it ooey gooey.
- 9. Carefully remove from microwave (I set mine on a plate since the marshmallows can be messy) and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs! Serve warm with a spoon and dig in!