Thin Crust Genoa Salami Pizza
The perfect Friday night meal, this pizza is quick, tasty and fuss free.
This recipe contains , yeast, water, flour (all-purpose), olive oil, sugar, salt, , cheese (mozzarella), salami, bell peppers (red), onions (red), pizza sauce, basil, crushed red pepper, black pepper
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 package of yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 slices Genoa salami
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- I cup pizza sauce
- 6-10 Basil leaves
- Sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°
- 2. Place water and yeast in a mixing bowl and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until frothy.
- 3. Add olive oil to the water yeast combo.
- 4. Sift together salt, sugar and flour in a separate bowl.
- 5. Using a dough hook attachment, add dry mixture to wet in ½ cup increments until the dough comes together to form a slightly tacky ball. Remove dough from mixer and lightly knead. Leave to rest covered by a clean tea towel for ten minutes.
- 6. Divide dough in two and stretch one half to fit an 11-inch pizza pan.
- 7. Place other half in the fridge for another time or form into a second pizza.
- 8. Spread pizza sauce over the dough and sprinkle with chili pepper flakes and ½ the red onion.
- 9. Sprinkle with cheese and arrange the salami so it is evenly distributed over the entire pizza.
- 10. Top with remaining red onion, red pepper and basil leaves.
- 11. Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes rotating halfway through.
- 12. When golden and bubbling, remove from the oven and let stand for ten minutes before slicing.
- 13. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh ground pepper and a nice cold beer.