Thyme and Black Pepper Cheez-Its
Thyme |earthy|, Black Pepper |spicy|, and Cheddar |cheesy| is such a delicious combination. Flavors that are reminiscent of the times you could order Mac & Cheese at a fancy restaurant without getting looks, or when you didn't have to pay a mortgage.
This recipe contains , cheese (cheddar, shredded), cheese (parmesan), butter, flour, thyme, pepper, salt, milk (coconut)
About 80 Cheez-Its (give or take) servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup of parmesan, grated
- 4 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon if you just want a hint of thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus another 1 teaspoon for topping
- 1 tbsp coconut milk/half & half
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 2. Place all your ingredients in a food processor, everything except the coconut milk/half & half. Process until everything is crumbly.
- 3. Add the coconut milk and pulse until the entire mixture comes together.
- 4. Next, you want to turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Roll it out to 1/16 of an inch. Do not be afraid to use flour.
- 5. Cut into 1 inch squares and dock a hole in the center with a toothpick.
- 6. Arrange them on a sheet. Sprinkle with some salt and bake. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool for 5 min. As these cool they will get crunchier.
- 7. Serve to the kids, or the kid looming inside you. And as always, Chow!