Love Tiramisu`! This wonderfully easy to prepare dessert that leave you coming back for more. I prepared a large dish to enjoy with our Christmas dinner and now we have left over. And, yes, I do not mind having leftover tiramisu any days of the week. From our table to your table, enjoy!!
This recipe contains lady fingers, mascarpone, eggs, sugar, coffee, cocoa powder
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 2 hr
- 14 ounces (400gr) Savoiardi cookies
- 14 ounces (400 gr) Mascarpone cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces (100 gr) sugar
- 2 small cups of very strong coffee
- Powder Cocoa
- 1. Separate the eggs white and yolk and place them each on a separate bowl.
- 2. Work the egg yolks with the sugar until a cream is formed. Add the mascarpone to the mixture.
- 3. In a separate bowl beat the egg white until soft peaks are formed. Fold the egg whites to the eggs-sugar mixture.
- 4. Dip the savoiardi (lady fingers) in the coffee (not too soggy) and place in a plate which can hold two layers of cookies.
- 5. Cover the first layer of savoiardi (lady fingers) with some of the mascarpone cream. Alternate each layer with savoiardi (lady fingers) and cream ending with the last layer to be the cream.
- 6. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Dust the top with cocoa powder and enjoy.