Tofu Chickpeas Lettuce Wraps
Refreshing, Vegan and Gluten free 20 minutes appetizer.
This recipe contains chili (red, dried), water, olive oil, garlic (minced), ginger (paste), sesame seeds, onions (green/spring), carrots (shredded), soy sauce, white vinegar, tofu (firm), chickpeas, salt, maple syrup, cilantro
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 3 dry whole red chilies (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped/paste)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white of green onions
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 cups crumbled tofu (extra firm)
- 1 cup chickpeas (boiled and drained)
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1. Soak the whole red chilies in warm water for 10 minutes and grind into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a nonstick pan/wok and add garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.
- 3. Add scallions/green onions into the pan and sauté well.
- 4. Add carrots and mix again.
- 5. Add the prepared chili paste, soy sauce, and vinegar and mix very well.
- 6. Add Tofu, mix, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- 7. Add chickpeas, salt and maple syrup. Mix and again cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8. Lastly, add cilantro mix properly and turn off the flame.
- 9. Serve the tofu chickpeas mix on the fresh lettuce leaves and top it with few drops of lemon juice.