Tomato and lentil soup
Super easy and quick nutritious winter soup.
This recipe contains olive oil, onions, garlic (fresh), carrots, tomatoes (crushed), bay leaves, water, lentils, salt, parsley (fresh)
4 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots cut into cubes
- 480g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.3 l water
- 250 g lentils
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 1. Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the carrot, sauté for another 2 minutes.
- 3. Add tomatoes, bay leaf and water, stir and bring to the boil.
- 4. Stir in lentils, season with salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5. Before serving sprinkle with chopped parsley.