Tomato Feta Grilled Zucchini and Squash
Tomato Feta Grilled Zucchini and Squash = a simple, mouthwatering combination! Low on calories & big on flavor, these boats of goodness satisfy every time
This recipe contains squash (yellow), zucchini, cheese (feta), tomatoes (cherry), basil (fresh), olive oil, cooking spray, salt, pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 whole medium sized yellow squash
- 2 whole medium sized zucchini
- 6 oz. feta cheese
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 pkg(s) fresh basil leaves (8-10)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can(s) oz. cooking spray
- salt to season squash and zucchini
- pepper to season squash and zucchini
- 1. Cut the zucchini and squash in half. Using a sharp knife cut around the inside edge of the squash. Next make horizontal slits across the squash, from one side to the other of the lengthwise cut.
- 2. Use a spoon to carve out the center of each zucchini and squash, so they look like little boats. Reserve the center pieces.
- 3. Season squash with salt and pepper, and dust with cooking spray on the zucchini. Heat grill to 450 degrees and grill for 4 minutes per side.
- 4. Rough chop the squash meat you removed from the center of each squash and cook in olive oil, with salt and pepper, on medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Crumble the feta cheese & slice the cherry tomatoes in half and fold into the sautéed squash. Cook for 2 minutes,
- 5. Crumble the feta cheese & slice the cherry tomatoes in half and fold into the sautéed squash. Cook for 2 minutes, then spoon the mixture into the grilled zucchini “boats
- 6. Chiffonade the basil leaves (aka cut into long thin strips), sprinkle on the zucchini boats, and serve.