Tomato Feta Grilled Zucchini and Squash
Tomato Feta Grilled Zucchini and Squash = a simple, mouthwatering combination! Low on calories & big on flavor, these boats of goodness satisfy every time
This recipe contains squash (yellow), zucchini, cheese (feta), tomatoes (cherry), basil (fresh), olive oil, cooking spray, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 whole medium sized yellow squash
- 2 whole medium sized zucchini
- 6 oz. feta cheese
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 pkg(s) fresh basil leaves (8-10)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can(s) oz. cooking spray
- salt to season squash and zucchini
- pepper to season squash and zucchini
- 1. Cut the zucchini and squash in half. Using a sharp knife cut around the inside edge of the squash. Next make horizontal slits across the squash, from one side to the other of the lengthwise cut.
- 2. Use a spoon to carve out the center of each zucchini and squash, so they look like little boats. Reserve the center pieces.
- 3. Season squash with salt and pepper, and dust with cooking spray on the zucchini. Heat grill to 450 degrees and grill for 4 minutes per side.
- 4. Rough chop the squash meat you removed from the center of each squash and cook in olive oil, with salt and pepper, on medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Crumble the feta cheese & slice the cherry tomatoes in half and fold into the sautéed squash. Cook for 2 minutes,
- 5. Crumble the feta cheese & slice the cherry tomatoes in half and fold into the sautéed squash. Cook for 2 minutes, then spoon the mixture into the grilled zucchini “boats
- 6. Chiffonade the basil leaves (aka cut into long thin strips), sprinkle on the zucchini boats, and serve.