Tomato Mozzarella Appetizer
An easy Italian appetizer that pleases also children. The idea is to serve bread, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and olives…on a stick.
This recipe contains cherry tomatoes, olives, cheese (mozzarella, fresh), basil (fresh), bread, fresh garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, olive oil, oregano
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 5 min
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 olives (pitted)
- 20 mozzarella cherries
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- bread to have 20 small cubes
- 1 garlic clove
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 5 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2. Cut the bread in cubes.
- 3. Put the bread into the oven to roast a little.
- 4. In a plate, put 3 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of oregano, a pinch of red pepper, a garlic clove thinly minced and salt.
- 5. Pass the bread cubes, still hot from the oven, onto this mixture.
- 6. Take long sticks and insert a cherry tomato, a basil leaf, a mozzarella cherry, an olive and a piece of bread and repeat.
- 7. Place the sticks onto an oven tray covered with parchment paper.
- 8. Add a thread of extra virgin olive oil on the sticks and put them in hot oven for a few minutes (pay attention or the mozzarella will melt) and serve immediately.
- 9. Buon appetito!