Tropical Pineapple Cupcakes
A layer of pineapple tucked in the middle with a cherry surprise at the bottom all topped with a pineapple cream cheese frosting.
This recipe contains , flour (all-purpose), baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, milk, maraschino cherries, pineapple (canned, chunk), pineapple (canned, sliced), , cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, pineapple (canned, crushed), sugar (powdered, confectioners)
18 Cupcakes servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 18 maraschino cherries
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks (each chunk cut in half)
- pineapple rings (garnish, cut into wedges)
- For the Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 1. For the Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with 18 cupcake liners and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs one at a time until well combined.
- 3. Add the flour mixture alternating with the milk. Mix until just combined.
- 4. Add 1 teaspoon of batter to the bottom of each cupcake liner. Add a cherry. Top with 1 tablespoon of batter.
**NOTE: This batter is thick. In order to spread the batter easily dip finger tips in water. Then spread.
- 5. Add 4 pieces of pineapple. (that will be originally 2 chunks cut in half) Top with another tablespoon of batter.
NOTE: You'll need to use the same spreading method you did for the first layer.
- 6. Bake 20 - 23 minutes. Cool on wire rack in cupcake pans. Frost with pineapple cream cheese frosting when completely cooled. Top with a pineapple wedge (optional).
- 7. For the Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting: Cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the vanilla and pineapple and mix until well combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time. Store frosted goods in the refrigerator.