Wake and Bakes
This muffins are absolutely delicious. I'm not a vegan but absolutely love these muffins. A great healthy energizing way to start your day, And the freeze really well!
This recipe contains all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, shredded carrots, raisins (golden), chopped walnuts, coconut (grated), applesauce (unsweetened), vegetable oil, vanilla extract, ground flax meal, water, eggs
30 Muffins servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 C. White Sugar
- 4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 4 C. Shredded Carrots (around 2 Large carrots)
- 1 C. Golden Raisins
- 1 C. Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C. sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 C. Unsweetened Apple sauce
- 1 1/2 C. Vegetable oil
- 3 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 C. + 1 TBSP Flax Meal
- 1 C + 2 TBSP Warm water
- (May substitute 6 eggs for flax meal/water mixture)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F, line muffin pans, or lightly grease.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk together flax meal and warm water, set aside (If you don’t have flax meal and aren’t vegan you can substitute 6 eggs).
- 3. In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently combine.
- 4. In a medium bowl combine carrots, raisins, walnuts, coconut, and apple sauce.
- 5. Whisk oil and vanilla into the flax meal/water mixture(eggs).
- 6. Fold carrot mixture into dry ingredients.
- 7. Add Flax/ Oil (Egg/ Oil) mixture until fully combined.
- 8. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes of until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9. ENJOY!