Wake and Bakes
This muffins are absolutely delicious. I'm not a vegan but absolutely love these muffins. A great healthy energizing way to start your day, And the freeze really well!
This recipe contains flour (all-purpose), sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, carrots (shredded), raisins (golden), walnuts (chopped), coconut flakes, applesauce (unsweetened), vegetable oil, vanilla extract, flaxseed (milled), water, eggs
30 Muffins servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 C. White Sugar
- 4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 4 C. Shredded Carrots (around 2 Large carrots)
- 1 C. Golden Raisins
- 1 C. Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 C. sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 C. Unsweetened Apple sauce
- 1 1/2 C. Vegetable oil
- 3 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 C. + 1 TBSP Flax Meal
- 1 C + 2 TBSP Warm water
- (May substitute 6 eggs for flax meal/water mixture)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F, line muffin pans, or lightly grease.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk together flax meal and warm water, set aside (If you don’t have flax meal and aren’t vegan you can substitute 6 eggs).
- 3. In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently combine.
- 4. In a medium bowl combine carrots, raisins, walnuts, coconut, and apple sauce.
- 5. Whisk oil and vanilla into the flax meal/water mixture(eggs).
- 6. Fold carrot mixture into dry ingredients.
- 7. Add Flax/ Oil (Egg/ Oil) mixture until fully combined.
- 8. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes of until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9. ENJOY!