Walnut & Date Granola
Homemade granola with walnuts and dates. Naturally sweetened with honey. Very simple to make and great for breakfast!!
This recipe contains rolled oats, walnuts, dates, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil, honey
3 servings servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh mujadool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 2` teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 cup coconut oil (or oil of your preference)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Add all dry ingredients (excluding the chopped dates) to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add coconut oil and honey to a small bowl and microwave (or heat on stove top) for 10 seconds or so or until melted. Pour the honey/coconut oil over the oat mixture and use a spoon to stir until everything is coated.
- 3. Pour the granola mixture onto a baking sheet and form a rectangle so that ingredients aren’t spaced out. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes on the center rack of your oven or until granola is crispy and golden brown. Halfway through baking, mix granola around on the baking sheet with a spatula so that it bakes evenly. Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool at least 10 minutes – this is where the clustering magic happens! Add the chopped dates before serving with yogurt, milk and/or fruit!