Warm Open-Faced Mushroom Brie Sandwich
For those nights when you have to hit the kitchen running. This comforting snack takes 15 minutes to prepare from start to finish.
This recipe contains bread (multi grain), olive oil, mushrooms (cremini), fresh garlic, salt, basil (fresh), cheese (brie), arugula, black peppercorns
Prep time: < 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 2 slice(s) of multi grain Bread
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 4 tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
- 4 oz. brie cheese, sliced
- 1 cup(s) arugula
- 1 ds. fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Turn your oven to broil.
- 2. Brush 2 tbsp of olive oil on both sides of the bread and broil until golden brown flipping halfway through.
- 3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 4. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until browned and fragrant.
- 5. Remove bread from the oven and immediately place brie on top.
- 6. Split the mushrooms amongst the two slices of bread.
- 7. Sprinkle with basil. Top with arugula.
- 8. Serve with a piping hot bowl of your favorite soup.