Watermelon Pink Lemonade Cooler
Summers are incomplete without a watermelon. Enjoy this super health drink today!
This recipe contains sugar, water, watermelon, lemon juice, lemons, mint (fresh), basil (fresh)
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 4 - 5 cup(s) cold water
- 8 cup(s) cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 whole lemons thinly sliced into wedges
- Few fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup(s) Sabja seeds / Basil seeds washed and soaked in 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 1. Wash the Basil seeds multiple times and drain them in a coffee filter.
- 2. Soak them in just enough water for about ½ an hour. Keep it aside. They would be puffed once soaked.
- 3. Combine the sugar with 1 cup water in a small sauce pot. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to cool into a heat safe glass.
- 4. Add half the watermelon and 1 cup of water to a blender and puree until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Discard the watermelon pulp. Again, add the remaining watermelon and another cup water to the blender, puree until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer set over a large bowl. Discard the watermelon pulp.
- 5. To the large bowl add the remaining 1 cup water, lemon juice and the sugar water from the fridge. Whisk to combine. Taste it once. Adjust sweetness by adding more cold water as per your sweetness level.
- 6. Add the puffed Basil/Sabja seeds to the drink. Pour into glass jugs, add few thinly sliced lemon wedges and fresh mint leaves for an extra refreshing flavor and store in the fridge.
- 7. Before serving, make sure to shake the lemonade up and serve with ice to make it more chilled.