Watermelon, Feta, Mint Salad
A very refreshing and delicious watermelon salad with feta, mint and pine nuts. Perfect for the hot summer days.
This recipe contains watermelon, cheese (feta), onions (red), mint, pine nuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, salt, black pepper
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 1/2 small watermelon
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz feta, can use low-fat
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 1 small handful pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, optional
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cube the watermelon into bite-sized pieces and arrange the pieces on a platter. Crumble the feta cheese on top. Slice the onion thinly and scatter it over the salad.
- 2. Pick the mint leaves and add to the salad. Roast the pine nuts in a small pan without any additional fat. Keep a close eye on them, they can burn easily. When they are ready immediately turn onto a plate and let cool down for a few minutes.
- 3. Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add the white vinegar if you like your salads on the sour side (I do). Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Pour over the salad, scatter the pine nuts on top and serve immediately.