Weeknight Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
This is the perfect chicken sandwich for lunch or dinner. I love serving it up with a side of sweet potato fries and a big green salad!
This recipe contains milk (buttermilk), mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, salt, chicken breasts, oil (vegetable), garlic powder, cider vinegar, chives (dried), cheese (monterey jack & colby), rolls (hoagie), lettuce, tomatoes, black pepper
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1/3 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) mayo
- 1/4 cup(s) light sour cream
- 3 - 4 ds. hot sauce (optional)
- 1 pn. Salt
- 6 whole chicken cutlets (I slice chicken breasts in half, so I get 2 cutlets per large breast)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 6 slice(s) colby jack cheese
- 6 whole Hoagie
- 1 ds. Pepper
- 1. Combine half of the buttermilk, hot sauce and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add in the chicken, making sure each piece is covered and coated with the mixture. Set aside to marinade for about 15 minutes.
- 2. Preheat a grill pan (if you have one - I used a cast iron skillet) to medium high heat. If using a grill pan, spray lightly with nonstick spray. If using a cast iron or other type of skillet, pour about 1 tbsp. oil in the skillet and heat until shimmering. Transfer the chicken to the pan in batches, cooking about 3-4 minutes on each side, until done.
- 3. Cover each cooked piece of chicken with cheese and set aside so the cheese has time to melt. Whisk together the rest of the buttermilk, mayo, sour cream, a generous sprinkle of salt & pepper, garlic powder and apple cider vinegar. Stir in the chives and taste to adjust seasonings and texture.
- 4. Spread each roll with some of the ranch sauce and fill with the chicken, lettuce and tomato to serve.