Whimsical Santa Cookies
Whimsical Santa Cookies are kids in the kitchen fun cookies with two different kinds of delicious, buttery cookie dough’s. Don’t forget the letter to Santa!
This recipe contains , butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour (all-purpose), cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, , butter, shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, flour, , sprinkles, chocolate (semi-sweet, chips), candy cane kisses, sprinkles
4 dozen servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
- For the Chocolate Cookies: make separately.
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Vanilla Cookies: make separately.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- Green sprinkles
- 1 bag (10 oz) Holiday Semi-Sweet Chocolate Red & Green Colored Morsels
- 2 bags (10 oz) Candy Cane Kisses
- red sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat or parchment paper.
- 2. For the Chocolate Cookies: In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Set aside while you make the Vanilla Cookies.
- 3. For the Vanilla Cookies: Beat together the butter, shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well in between additions. Add vanilla, baking soda, flour, and mix well. Set aside.
- 4. To form the cookies, take a heaping teaspoon-size ball of chocolate dough (about 1” diameter) and flatten it out slightly with your hands. Combine the red and green sprinkles in a small bowl. Roll the edges of the cookie dough in the red and green sprinkles. Place the dough on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 5. Then take a scant teaspoon-size ball of vanilla dough (about ½” diameter) and flatten it out slightly, then place it on top of the chocolate cookie dough. You should still be able to see the chocolate dough on the edges, like in the picture above.
- 6. Decorate the top of the vanilla cookie dough with the red and green colored morsels and bake for 6 minutes. Take out the cookies and place the candy cane kiss in the center. Bake for another 2 minutes.
- 7. Remove the cookies and let cool completely on the cookie sheet. Enjoy with Milk!