White Bean & Squash Dip
This light and creamy dip is made with globe squash, cannellini beans, and roasted garlic. Perfect dip for summer!
This recipe contains squash, fresh garlic, olive oil, cannellini beans, sea salt
3 to 3 1/2 Cups servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 1 hr
- 3 medium globe squash (or 3 medium zucchini)
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 TBS + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can of cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, add more to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF (~205ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Chop the top off the garlic bulb, exposing the cloves. Rip a sheet of aluminum foil, and place the garlic bulb on top. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over the garlic, making sure to cover all exposed cloves. Wrap the garlic loosely with foil, but make sure that it is properly sealed. You want to trap heat inside the foil pouch. Bake the garlic for about 35-45 minutes, or until the cloves are browned. Mine took about 45 minutes.
- 3. Chop off the tops and bottoms of each globe squash, and then chop them into small cubes. If you want to create a squash bowl like I did in the photo, save one globe squash for the bowl. Just chop off the top and, using a spoon, dig out all the flesh. Toss the squash with a tablespoon of oil and a small pinch of salt, and bake on the baking sheet for about 20 minutes.
- 4. When the garlic is done, open up the foil wrap and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze out the cloves into a food processor.
- 5. Add the cannellini beans, roasted squash, and salt into the food processor and blend until smooth. Enjoy as a dip or add it to a pasta dish!
- 6. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.