White Cheddar Pesto Mac & Cheese
White cheddar pesto mac and cheese. Less than 10 ingredients!
This recipe contains macaroni, olive oil, flour, milk, black pepper, cheddar cheese, pesto, broccoli, cheese (parmesan)
4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 40 min
- 5 ounces macaroni or cavatappi pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- 3. In the same pan you cooked the pasta in, with the heat on medium-high, add the olive oil and flour and whisk together. Cook until bubbly, about 3-5 minutes.
- 4. Whisk in the milk and pepper to create a béchamel sauce. Cook the sauce until it’s simmering and coats the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the white cheddar cheese and pesto, and stir until smooth and creamy. Add the broccoli and drained pasta and stir until fully coated with the cheese sauce. Turn off the heat.
- 6. Pour the mixture into a small cast iron skillet, small Dutch oven, or 8×8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the parmesan on top and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the parmesan is slightly browned.