White Chicken Lasagna
White Chicken Lasagna...A Great Alternative To The Classic Red Sauce Lasagna.
This recipe contains chicken breasts (boneless skinless), artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, shredded mozzarella cheese, cheese (parmesan), cream cheese, milk, garlic, basil (fresh), lasagna noodles
6 - 8 Servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 2 cup(s) Boneless Skinless Chicken (I used a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 14 oz. Can Artichoke Hearts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup(s) - Chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes (I used some packed in herbs and olive oil)
- 8 oz. - Package Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup(s) - Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 oz. - Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup(s) - Milk (or 1 1/2c. half & half)
- 1 tbsp. - Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp. - Chopped Basil (I used the kind in a squeeze tube)
- 12 whole - Lasagna Noodles (cooked)
- 1. SIDE NOTE ON NOODLES: (generally we don’t cook the noodles first, but being not enough liquid to cook properly, it would be best to cook at least half way through, too ensure being done)
- 2. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- 3. Combine the chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, 1 c. mozzarella and the Parmesan.
- 4. Beat the cream cheese, milk and garlic with a mixer until well blended and smooth, then stir in the basil.
- 5. Mix half of the sauce with the chicken. Spread half of the remaining sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish: cover with 3 of the noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers of noodles and chicken two more times then top with the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 6. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through. Remove the foil and place under the broiler until brown and gooey.
- 7. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.