White Chocolate & Cherry Almond Muffins
A sweet little recipe that goes hand in hand with your morning coffee. Moist, nutty, golden-topped, flecked with orange zest, and dotted with big and small white chocolate chunks. Everything you want in a mid-morning treat – with a cherry on top!
This recipe contains cashew meal, almond meal, sea salt, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, butter, honey, eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract, oranges, chocolate (white), cherries, sugar
8 Muffins servings
- 1/2 cup cashew meal
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 cup organic butter melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1 cup white chocolate roughly chopped, I like to keep some big chunks in the mix
- 8 fresh whole cherries
- Cane sugar optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- 2. Prepare a muffin tray by lightly greasing, lining with baking paper or with muffin cases.
- 3. Mix the cashew meal, almond meal, salt, baking powder and bicarb soda in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together all of the wet ingredients – the melted butter, honey, yogurt, eggs and vanilla.
- 4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until well incorporated. Gently fold in the white chocolate chunks and orange zest.
- 5. Pour into the prepared muffin tray. Place a cherry in the centre of each muffin and sprinkle the tops with some cane sugar.
- 6. Pop into the oven to bake for 25 minutes until golden brown on top.