White Wine & Soy Grillin' Marinade
This is an awesome marinade for any type of grilling meat. Put it on chicken, beef, pork, fish, or turkey. SUPER easy and makes the best grilled meat you've ever had!
This recipe contains chicken (leg quarters), grapeseed oil, soy sauce, white wine, italian seasoning, paprika
serves 2 people servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 1.5 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (I used bone-in, skin on chicken thighs), raw and thawed
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine, nothing fancy (I used chardonnay)
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a blender, combine the grapeseed oil, soy sauce and white wine, Italian seasoning and paprika. Blend on high until your marinade looks creamy and well combined.
- 2. In a zip lock bag, place all chicken pieces and pour the marinade in. Massage it around so that all of the chicken is coated with marinade. Seal the bag and marinate overnight.
- 3. When you’re ready, fire up your grill. I use a propane grill and keep it on its highest setting. Allow your grill to heat up 3 to 5 minutes. Place the pieces of chicken a few inches apart on the grill. Allow the chicken to cook about 7 minutes before flipping it over and cooking on the other side for 5 minutes. Because the marinade has alcohol in it, you will get some flames around your chicken, so be careful to use grill-safe tongs when handling the chicken. By now, you should have a brown sizzling glaze on both sides of the chicken. Flip the chicken again and cook 3 minutes on the original side. Flip again and cook for another 3 minutes. At this point, your chicken should feel firm to the touch when you poke it and your glaze should be darker and beginning to char. Using tongs and a fork, carefully check the inside for any pink. As long as there is no pink, you’re done! If the inside is still a little raw, continue flipping the chicken, 1 – 2 minutes at a time.
- 4. Serve with grilled veggies and enjoy the best grilled chicken ever!