Whole Meyer Lemon Tart
Yes, you use the entire lemon in this delicious and simple tart recipe! I use a store bought pie/pastry crust, but of course you can make your own. It's a good idea to par-bake your frozen crust before filling. Follow the instructions on the package of your frozen pie crust...
What to do with all of those lovely Meyer Lemons...well, here you go!
This recipe contains lemons (meyer), sugar (caster), butter (unsalted), vanilla extract, eggs, pie crust,
8 - 12 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 50 min
- 1 Large Meyer Lemon, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 Cups Superfine Sugar**
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, cut into chunks
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 4 Large Eggs
- Store Bought Tart Shell, Pie or Pastry Crust (Frozen)
- You will need a blender and a sheet pan for this recipe
- 1. Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Place all of the lemon pieces in the blender
- 4. Add the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs to the blender
- 5. Blend until smooth, batter will look "broken"
- 6. Pour lemon mixture into frozen tart shell
- 7. Carefully place tart on sheet pan and put into the oven
- 8. Bake lemon tart at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes, until almost set and golden
- 9. Watch it towards the end so it doesn't burn
- 10. Let tart cool completely before slicing. Store covered with foil in the refrigerator
- 11. **If you don't have superfine sugar, you can pulse sugar in a food processor to become finer. I do this with cane sugar and it works out great.
- 12. THIS RECIPE ONLY WORKS WITH MEYER LEMONS