Whole Wheat Crackers with Carom and Fenugreek
WHOLE WHEAT CRACKERS ARE IDEAL TEA TIME ACCOMPANIMENTS. THEY HAVE LOVELY FLAVOUR OF FENUGREEK AND CAROM SEEDS AND TASTE GREAT WITH CHEESE SPREAD OR KETCHUP.
This recipe contains flour (whole wheat), yogurt, oil (canola), salt, fenugreek leaves, carom seeds, turmeric, baking powder, water
Prep time: 1 hr
Cook time: 20 min
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried and powdered fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds/Bishop's weed/Thymol seeds (ajwain)
- 1/4 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Water for kneading
- 1. Sieve whole wheat flour with salt, baking powder and turmeric powder. Add carom seeds and dried fenugreek powder.
- 2. Add oil and yogurt and mix well with hands. Add water and knead soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least half and hour.
- 3. Roll out a thin chapatti of uniform thickness. Cut out crackers using a cookie cutter. Prick the crackers with a fork.
- 4. Arrange on a baking tray. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190 degrees C for 18 to 20 minutes or till the sides start browning.
- 5. Cool and store in an air tight container.