Whole-Grain Muesli Bars
I adapted these bars from a recipe featured in the May 2012 issue of Yoga Journal. They are allergy-friendly and healthy, but still make a super tasty treat! Vegetarian, Gluten-Free; Free of: eggs, dairy, cane sugar, soy, corn, nuts
This recipe contains rolled oats, flaxseed (milled), protein powder, brown rice flour, raisins, cinnamon, salt, olive oil, honey, sunbutter, vanilla extract, nuts
12-16 bars servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1-1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup brown rice protein powder (I used SunWarrior Vanilla)
- 2 Tablespoons brown rice flour (or more protein powder)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup SunButter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional add in: 1/4 cup toasted nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9″ x 9″ baking pan with foil and spray with oil. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flaxseed meal, protein powder, raisins, salt, and cinnamon.
- 3. In a medium bowl, add the oil, honey, and SunButter together. Warm in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds until more liquid and easily mixed. Stir well and add the vanilla.
- 4. Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. It may be hard to stir at this point but make sure everything is mixed up good.
- 5. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and press into the pan evenly.
- 6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- 7. Cool the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Cut into 12-16 bars. This works best if you let the bars cool, lift the bars from the pan with the foil, set it on a cutting board, and cut with a big knife. Enjoy!