Winter Greens Pasta
What to do with all those gorgeous Winter greens in the garden...? Spinach, Tat Soi, Swiss Chard, or Beet Tops...Make a healthful and tasty pasta!
This recipe contains pasta, olive oil, mushrooms (cremini), garlic, peppers (jalapeno, fresh), scallions, mixed greens, greens, vegetable broth, cheese (feta), salt, black pepper
1-2 Servings servings
- 2 Cups Dried Pasta, your choice
- Olive Oil for sauteeing
- 1 Cup Cremini Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbs. Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbs. Scallions, cleaned and chopped
- Large Handful Mixed Greens: (Spinach, Chard, Tat Soi, or Beet Tops) torn into pieces, stems reserved
- 2 Tbs. Greens Stems, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Organic Vegetable Broth, low salt
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1. Cook your pasta until almost done. Just 2-3 minutes shy, so it can finish cooking in your sauce.
- 2. Meanwhile, get your mushrooms sauteing in a two count of olive oil, medium heat. Cook until browned, remove to a plate.
- 3. In the same pan, add a drizzle more olive oil. Add chopped garlic, jalapenos, and scallions. Saute slightly, add vegetable broth, cook down 1-2 minutes.
- 4. Add mushrooms back into the pan with garlic. Add your al dente pasta to the pan to finish cooking with the mushroom sauce. Add half of the Feta cheese. Cook over medium heat until pasta is cooked through.
- 5. Toss in your torn Winter greens until they are wilted. Add the rest of your Feta.
- 6. Taste! Add salt and pepper if needed