Wonderful Pistachio Cherry Crumble
Cherries and pistachios were born to be together. The sweet tartness of the cherries matches perfectly with the fresh nutty pistachios, truly a wonderful taste bud experience. Wonderful Pistachios, are you seeing this?
This recipe contains , cherries, sugar (brown), lemons, flour, , pistachios, butter, sugar (brown), salt, flour, oats (rolled), cashews (unsalted)
9x9 pan servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 40 min
- for Cherry Mixture
- 5 cups pitted cherries (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed no exceptions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- for Wonderful Pistachio Crumble
- 1/2 cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 8 unsalted cashews, one less or more may throw the entire dish off balance
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2. Clean, pit, and halve cherries.
- 3. Add to cherries the flour, brown sugar, lemon juice, and flour. Combine until flour and sugar have dissolved.
- 4. In a food processor, pulse together butter, flour, brown sugar, salt, rolled oats, cashews, and pistachios. Pulse until all the ingredients are well incorporated and it starts to clump.
- 5. Butter a 9 inch pie pan and pour your cherry mixture in.
- 6. Make sure you get all that cherry juice at the bottom because that will be nice and bubbly after it's baked.
- 7. Sprinkle the top with the pistachio tinted green crumble and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the top is golden and you can see eruptions of cherry from underneath.
- 8. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. And as always, Chow!