World's Best Shortbread Cookies
This has been a family Christmas tradition and favorite for many, many years
This recipe contains butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour (all-purpose)
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 sticks of butter (1 lb.) softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1. Pre heat oven to 325°
- 2. In the bowl of the mixer place the sugar and butter and cream until soft and fluffy.
- 3. Add the yolk and vanilla and continue to mix until completely incorporated.
- 4. Slowly add the flour and mix until all combined.
- 5. You can take teaspoon fulls roll into ball and place on an ungreased baking pan or use a #100 scoop. Using the back of the tines of a lightly floured fork flattened the balls.
- 6. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 28 minutes until they begin to lightly brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool and once cooled can be stored in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks, but don't worry they won't last that long. This recipe yields about 75+ cookies.