Yoghurt Honey Madeleines
These Madeleines are a bit on a dry side but the texture was soft because of yoghurt added and had a slight fragrance of honey. They tastes better the next day, just store them in an airtight container in room temperature. Good to go with a cuppa of coffee.
This recipe contains eggs, honey, sugar, yogurt, flour, baking powder, butter
makes 15 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 1 Egg (70g)
- 20g Honey
- 50g Sugar
- 40g Natural yoghurt
- 90g Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 70g Melted butter
- 1. Grease mould with some soft butter and set aside.
- 2. Gently whisk egg, then add in sugar and honey into it. Whisk till sugar dissolved.
- 3. Add in natural yoghurt and whisk vigourously till batter becomes foamy.
- 4. Then gradually add in sifted flour and baking powder into batter mix till combined and becomes a thick paste.
- 5. Lastly add in melted butter in two batches and mix well.
- 6. Scoop batter into mould with a spoon.
- 7. Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 12 minutes or skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 8. Remove Madeleines from mould and place on wire rack to cool.