Yogurt, cheese and sesame rolls
Flaky, moist and easy to make phyllo pastry rolls.
This recipe contains eggs, oil (sunflower), yogurt, flour, salt, baking powder, cottage cheese, phyllo dough, sesame seed
8 - 10 servings servings
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 2 eggs
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 500ml yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbs salt
- 1 sachet baking powder (12g)
- 250g cottage cheese
- 500g phyllo dough sheets for pies and strudels
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- 1. Beat eggs, sunflower oil and yogurt until smooth.
- 2. Combine flour, salt and baking powder, and gradually, stir into the egg and yogurt mixture. Mix until the it is completely smooth and uniform. Set aside 3 – 4 tablespoons for later use.
- 3. Smear a phyllo dough sheet with 1 tablespoon of the above mixture. Place 1 tablespoon cottage cheese along the middle of the phyllo dough sheet and fold the left and right side of the sheet over the cheese and roll. Repeat with another 8 – 10 sheets.
- 4. Place the rolls on a greased or parchment paper-lined baking dish.
- 5. Spread the saved 3 – 4 tablespoons of the mixture over the rolls and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 6. Bake in the oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes. When done, cover the rolls with a clean dishtowel and leave to cool.
- 7. Cut into smaller pieces and serve.