Tuna 'n Taters (or Turnips)
This is a satisfying, inexpensive, chowder-like recipe. I used turnips instead of potatoes in order to lower the carb count, but potatoes may be used if desired.
View the full post here: http://savorytraditions.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/tuna-n-taters-or-turnips/
This recipe contains turnip (fresh), fish (tuna), soup (cream of mushroom), milk, mustard (horseradish), onions, parsley, salt, pepper
4 servings servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 1 cup peeled diced turnips (if desired, potatoes may be used instead)
- 1 5 ounce can chunk light tuna in water
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2. Boil the diced turnips until they are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- 3. Butter the inside of an 8” x 8” casserole dish or baking pan, or use cooking spray.
- 4. Drain the tuna. In a large bowl, combine the tuna and cream of mushroom soup.
- 5. Add the milk and horseradish mustard, and mix well.
- 6. Add the drained turnips, onion, fresh parsley, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- 7. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- 8. Bake for 30 minutes.