Tuna Steak Marinated and Grilled
This is such a simple recipe with outstanding results everytime. Grilled Marinated Tuna Steak is one of my favorite fish dishes. The standard marinade I use is just sliced fresh ginger and soy sauce, or in place of the ginger sliced fresh garlic. That's it and the flavors that are absorbed by the tuna make an unforgetable meal. The one "trick" is not to over marinate; no more than 2 hours, as the soy will start to cook the steaks.
This recipe contains fish (tuna), ginger (fresh), soy sauce
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
- 6 - 10 oz. Tuna Steaks 6-10 oz each.
- Julienne strips of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) good soy sauce
- 1. Julienne the Ginger, place into bottom of pan that is large enough to hold all the steaks in a single layer. Pour enough soy to just slightly come up the sides of the steaks, the ginger does not have to cover the steak 7 or 8 slices on each side will work . Turn once getting some of the soy and ginger on top of the steaks, cover and refrigerate. Half way through the time you are going to marinate turn the steaks make sure there is ginger or garlic on both sides throughout the marinating process..
- 2. When ready to cook, brush off the ginger and place on grill and cook to your desired doneness.
- 3. You can bring the excess marinade up to a boil, reduce slightly and serve on the side, or a simple compound butter goes great on top of the steak.