Turkey Meatballs Tortilla Wrap
Healthy version of the delicious classic. Serve two tortillas per person.
This recipe contains turkey (ground), coriander (seeds), cilantro (fresh), seasoning (all-purpose), black pepper, cumin (ground), onions, oil (peanut), onions, tomatoes (cherry), tortillas, lettuce, , greek yogurt (plain), mayonnaise, chives (fresh)
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 500 g. ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed or
- fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. vegeta or similar seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 50 g. onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. peanut oil for frying
- 1 whole large onion, sliced into rings
- 16 small tomatoes (cherry), cut in half
- 8 tortillas
- 200 g. lettuce, cut into strips
- 200 ml. greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1. Mix and combine ground turkey, cilantro, Vegeta, pepper, cumin and onion. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Shape approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs. You may get 18 -28 meatballs, depending on their size.
- 3. In hot oil fry the meatballs until golden brown. Place the meatballs on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- 4. Sauté the onion rings and tomatoes in the same oil until the onion turns golden brown. Also place on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- 5. Lightly warm the tortillas, on each side, in a pan without fat.
- 6. Place on each tortilla some salad, fried onion rings, tomato and 3 turkey meatballs. Roll it up into a cone shape, secure with a toothpick.
- 7. For the sauce mix and combine yogurt, mayonnaise and chives, and pour over the tortilla filling.