Turkey Meatballs Tortilla Wrap
Healthy version of the delicious classic. Serve two tortillas per person.
This recipe contains turkey ground, coriander seeds, fresh cilantro, all-purpose seasoning, black pepper, cumin powder, onions, peanut oil, onions, cherry tomatoes, tortillas, lettuce, , greek yogurt, mayonnaise, fresh chives
4 servings servings
Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 500g ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds, crushed or
- fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp Vegeta or similar seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 50 g onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbs peanut oil for frying
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 16 small tomatoes (cherry), cut in half
- 8 tortillas
- 200g lettuce, cut into strips
- 200ml Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1. Mix and combine ground turkey, cilantro, Vegeta, pepper, cumin and onion. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Shape approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture into meatballs. You may get 18 -28 meatballs, depending on their size.
- 3. In hot oil fry the meatballs until golden brown. Place the meatballs on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- 4. Sauté the onion rings and tomatoes in the same oil until the onion turns golden brown. Also place on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- 5. Lightly warm the tortillas, on each side, in a pan without fat.
- 6. Place on each tortilla some salad, fried onion rings, tomato and 3 turkey meatballs. Roll it up into a cone shape, secure with a toothpick.
- 7. For the sauce mix and combine yogurt, mayonnaise and chives, and pour over the tortilla filling.