Turkey or chicken pasta
Turkey or Chicken pasta salad. A great way to use Sunday leftovers!
This recipe contains penne rigati, olive oil, pancetta, onions, fresh garlic, bay leaves, turkey, sour cream, allspice, salt, feta cheese, lettuce, black pepper
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
- 1 lb. pasta rigati
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) pancetta, chopped
- 1 whole medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 whole bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 cup(s) leftover turkey or chicken, shredded
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 pn. allspice
- 1 pn. salt
- 1 cup(s) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 whole head lettuce of your choice
- 1 pn. black pepper
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pancetta in olive oil in a large saucepan for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- 3. Add the onion, garlic and bay leaf, and cook until softened.
- 4. Add the turkey or chicken, stir and cook for 5 minutes or until completely heated.
- 5. Add the sour cream, 2 tablespoons feta cheese, allspice, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until the sauce has the desired thickness.
- 6. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- 7. Divide pasta evenly between 4 pasta plates, add some torn lettuce leaves and sprinkle with the remaining feta cheese.